If you are new to SEO, then you are sure to have questions about what some of the jargon means. Here you will find a list of the most common terms you are likely to encounter. Do you want to optimize your website but have trouble communicating with the technical folks running it?
Why do you use WordPress – Perhaps, you belong to any of these 2 types of business owners:
- You are aware that your business needs a website. However, you lack the funds or time to create one; or
- You may have a website, but it is not exactly what you have in mind, so you are always making excuses
If you belong to any of the above, your persistent website problems can find a solution in WordPress. A number of reasons to use WordPress in running your business website are as follows. WordPress is simple to set up, run and update. To use it, you do not need any special computer skills or knowledge on HTML codes. You can create your own website just with a reliable Internet connection and web browser.
Since you are reading this, you have what you need to start. Go to the WordPress.com site and sign up for free. In as short as 2 minutes, your website will be up and running. You can pay more to host your domain as well. WordPress is a great start-up for small-scale businesses. If the time comes and you want to upgrade your website, you can get a web hosting account at an additional cost.
- WordPress is beneficial to both your website and blog. While it began as a blogging system a long time ago, as time passed, it has developed into a web content management system with complete features. Therefore, you can use it in managing your website in its entirety, including your blog. You can certainly use WordPress if you just like to blog.
- There are several, different themes designed by professionals and most of them are free. WordPress themes let you have a professional looking website without the cost and stress of hiring the services of an expert web designer.
- Programmers across the globe have designed WordPress to be extended with lots of plugins to add functionality to the core system. So, no matter what you need, whether it is a plain contact form or an e-commerce system complete with features, there is a plugin to match your business requirements.
- WordPress is SEO friendly. According to Matt Cutts, a Google Engineer, WordPress can automatically solve various issues pertaining to SEO. Yoast SEO pluggin, which comes without any cost, makes your site all the more SEO friendly.
- WordPress is undoubtedly the world’s most popular web publishing system. Aside from being simple to use, it comes with a wide range of professional themes and plugins. According to the latest count, WordPress powers more than 23% of websites.
- The active and generous WordPress community gives the support that their several users need and allows an exchange of ideas to make WordPress better. Users can connect with the community via the official WordPress forum.