One of our customers, B&W Print, a printing company based in Los Angeles actually covers…
Issue: How to fix Safari can’t establish a secure connection?
I am unable to open askaprepper.com, and even Apple sites on my browser as it shows Safari can’t establish a secure connection error. Although, other websites work just fine and I can access the pages on another browser as well. Is there a way how I could fix this problem?
Safari is the browser that iOS and macOS users can rely on while browsing online. It has some security features and built-in functions that stop the unsecured site from loading. It is a way to remind people about possible security issues and malware. You can be careful online when Safari reminds you to check the connection.
However, when Safari can’t verify this fact it automatically calls the site dangerous and loads a warning message on the browser. Encryption is important here because protecting your privacy and security is crucial if you want to avoid such issues as Safari errors.
Safari can’t establish a secure connection is an error that might prevent you from accessing the most popular websites, such as AskaPrepper, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, etc. Usually, users encounter this problem on the Safari browser. Although, there are multiple reports about the same issue on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and others.
According to the experts, Safari can’t establish a secure connection is the website you are trying to access is using a server that doesn’t meet the necessary cryptographic standards. In other terms, this a precautionary measure designed to protect your security and privacy.
Usually, IT specialist suggest performing the following actions to fix Safari can’t establish a secure connection error:
- Remove all website data;
- Uninstall suspicious extensions, plug-ins, and add-ons;
- Clear Cookies;
- Reset Safari;
- Change Permissions.
However, users say that none of the methods mentioned above helped them to fix Safari can’t establish a secure connection bug. Likewise, our experts have designed multiple other more advanced techniques that should help you eliminate this problem and successfully access the most popular websites.
Ways to fix Safari can’t establish a secure connection error on Mac
Before you start reading the support steps presented down below, you must ensure that your Mac is clean from potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). In case it is infected, various cyber threats might be blocking access to the most popular sites on Safari.
Likewise, you can try to fix Safari can’t establish a secure connection bug automatically by installing a professional system optimization software. It will perform an entire system scan to detect potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that may be interfering with Safari.
Set the correct date and time to fix Safari can’t establish a secure connection
- Go to the Apple menu and find System Preferences.
- Then go to Date & Time.
- Unlock the changes and then turn on the Set date time automatically options.
- Go to Settings and then select General.
- Find Date & Time options and turn on the Set Automatically function.
Adjust your DNS settings
- Open System Preferences and go to Network;
- Click Advanced;
- Navigate to the DNS tab and click + button;
- Enter 220.127.116.11 and hit Enter;
- Once again, click + button;
- Submit 18.104.22.168 and click Enter afterward;
- Hit Ok and Apply buttons.
Disable Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) on your Mac
- Go to System Preferences;
- Open Network;
- Select Ethernet and click on Advanced button;
- Pick Manually on Configure IPv6;
- Hit Ok and click Apply.
How to fix secure connection problems in Safari!
- Double-check the URL. Click the URL to view the full web address for your website.
- Change to a different DNS. Change your DNS server to a free alternative.
- Set your antivirus software to trust this site.
- Tell Keychain to trust the certificate.
- Disable IPv6 for your network.